8 Essential Sleep Facts
1. 7-9 hours are required for adults each night
2. People who get enough sleep are more optimistic than those who do not.
3. Your body has a reduced ability to respond to insulin if you do not get enough sleep (if you didn’t already know, this leads to diabetes). Read on……
4. Lack of sleep affects the body’s ability to metabolize glucose
5. People who do not get enough sleep become more obese (see next fact for explanation).
6. Lack of sleep results in significant changes to your ability to regulate your appetite, your hunger and your food intake.
7. People who do not get enough sleep have more complaints about body pains.
8. Lack of sleep adversely affects your body’s ability to control your
Source: APA Monitor January, 1913
But if you can’t sleep, buy
my book and read about murder, love and hate, obsession, therapy and more………