What Creates Authoritarian Types?
Authoritarian is defined by the Free Dictionary as:
1. Characterized by or favoring absolute obedience to authority, as against individual freedom: an authoritarian regime.
2. Of, relating to, or expecting unquestioning obedience.
Here are a few components:
1. They are often products of authoritarian educations
2. They come from patriarchal families
3. There is a general denial of sexuality
The authoritarian character type often has aggressive feelings that are turned toward people weaker than themselves (instead of toward their parents or the system that shaped them). They have a desire to be a part of something bigger than themselves so you can understand the appeal of groups/mobs. to be attached to a group is to remain safe. another interesting fact is that authoritarian types have desires to be ‘pure’ and that leads them to interact with similar others and expell outsiders.