How to Cope with Mild Anxiety
2. Exercise vigorously and daily. it calms anxiety and depression.
3. Learn deep breathing and/or meditation techniques and practice them daily. More and more studies document the benefits of all relaxation techniques.
4. Talk to yourself differently (you might need a therapist’s help with this). There are some good self-talk techniques – I talk about them in a post on August
5. Create a less driven attitude. This is a version of, “don’t sweat the small stuff.”
6. Be sure to cultivate a good, supportive social network of family and friends.
7. Simplify your life and environment to reduce stress. Start saying “no” to some requests that will add to your stress.
source: E. Bourne, The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook