6 Tips For Staying Focused
Cultivate better attention:
- Take a short break at regular intervals.
- Attend to one thing at a time when the task is worth doing well. Easy tasks like folding laundry that don’t require all your brain power can be accompanied by music, conversation, etc.
- Set aside periods of time for the task that needs your attention and protect that time. Break down the job if it is big and do one piece at a time, for example, give yourself a designated hour to clean a closet, pay bills, make build a house.
- Stop, breathe, take a few minutes to meditate and relax if your attention is flagging.
- If your task is moveable, consider leaving your usual place and trying a new spot (library, coffee shop) that might allow for fresher attention.
- Set a goal. It almost doesn’t matter what the goal is – just set one!