There are times when everyone needs support, information, and new ways of coping. My training in psychodynamic psychotherapy has been layered with new understanding and techniques. I now include elements of feminist theories, relational theories, and cognitive-behavioral techniques, depending on the person and the problem.
The following list represents my specialties as a psychologist:
- Grief, loss and adaptation
- Life transitions (i.e., college, relocation, illness, work problems, children leaving, break-ups)
- Relationship issues
- Divorce and separation
- Couples counseling
- Parenting concerns and caretaking of older parents
- Women’s issues
- Identity changes and development
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual and questioning issues
- College and graduate student problems
- Creativity blocks
- Workplace dilemmas
As a clinician, I also enjoy providing consultation to other therapists.
Advising and Professional Mentoring
As a psychologist/writer, I work with other artists and writers who get stuck in:
- The creative process
- Writing blocks
- Low energy and avoidance
Consulting and Speaking
I speak to business groups. I design and implement seminars for people who want to better understand:
- Transitions – growth, losses and changes
- Group and organizational processes – the human factor
- Balance between work and personal life
I am a provider for and accept:
- Medicare Part B
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance
- Northwestern University Student Insurance
For other insurance plans, I provide the appropriate forms for you to submit to your company but I do not accept them as payers.
I do not accept credit cards. Please click here for office locations.